On the windward side of Oʻahu, across the Koʻolau Mountains from Honolulu and Waikiki, there is a small, out-of-the-way bike shop. Aloha Cyclery serves the island’s serious mountain biking community. The shop’s owner and lead mechanic often is on the trails herself. That is, when she isn’t servicing everything from a family’s well-loved beach cruiser to an elite triathlete’s engineered ride.
Visit them: AlohaCyclery.com
The owner of Aloha Cyclery is Geneva “Gen” Balladares. She was the recipient of 2017 QBP Women’s Bike Mechanic Scholarship.
Aloha Cyclery is a community-oriented bike shop on windward Oʻahu. Its web presence serves families, commuters, visitors, mountain-bikers, and triathletes.
The web-development process and visual design were influenced heavily by the wealth of quality island photography provided by the site owner.
What we did for this neighborhood, small-business website:
- Designed around the shop’s stunning photography. More than words can, it conveys the experience of cycling in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- Integrated the business aspect of bicycle rentals with a third-party service provider. The service was proposed by the client; we interviewed them regarding suitability and integration, and made our recommendations.
- Animated the client-provided logo art.
- Wrote much of the text content.
- Researched and implemented level-one SEO (search-engine optimization) with follow-up monitoring and executive reports. Good SEO requires long-term commitment to a solid strategy, never more so than in a competitive niche.
May we assist you?
Learn how Pan-Pacific Web Works can help develop or refine your web presence.